Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Spell it Out

Me & Ro

I love Me & Ro jewelry and there are a lot of great pieces with meaningful words or verses in their collection. I bought my mom this silver ring a couple years ago. It's inscribed with a Sanskrit verse from the Bhagavad Gita, symbolizing patience, truth, self-restraint, and tranquility.

The Me & Ro online store can be found here.

Kiss My Ring

Another amazing jewelry designer is Melissa Rallis with her store Kiss My Ring. I own so many of her pieces and she has a lot of designs that incorporate words or phrases into them.

One of her newer designs contains is a ring with an incription from an Emily Dikinson poem “...hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul.” . The silver version is ($100).


I also like her new “Ancora Imparo ” ring which means “I am still learning” which is a quote from Michaelangelo. The Silver version of this ring is ($120).



Declaration of Love

This ring from Sundance Catalog Company ($78) would be a great gift. Definitely a clear message and a great way to remember a loved one. I don't know about buying it for myself! "I Love You" is incribed twice so you can read it from any vantage point.
Your Message Here

For $75 you can have your own message engraved on a silver cuff from Amy Volchok. Available from Giving Tree Jewelry. The possibilities are endless as long as you can say it in 30 characters or less!
Pablo Valencia

I love the quote on this sterling silver ring by Pablo Valencia ($90) and even more so because it's in French. The inscription reads "Il faut vivre et non pas seulement exister" which translates to "one must live and not just exist". Available at Giving Tree Jewelry.


Jeanine Payer

Jeanine Payer's jewelry designs are known for the quotes she engraves on them. I'm not a huge fan of her stuff, but I do like this i.d. bracelet ($485) incribed with an Apache blessing, "May the sun bring you new energy by day, May the moon softly restore you by night, May the rain wash away your worries. May the breeze blow new strength into your being. May you walk gently through the world and know its beauty all the days of your life."

No comments: