Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Everything Old is New Again

Nigeria 70-Lagos Jump Compilation

I'm loving the track "Everybody Likes Something Good" from this compilation of 70's music from Nigeria. This music is a great blend of african beats, soul and jazz. Perfect for chilling on the patio this summer.

Check out samples here.



Peter Sarstedt-The Lost Album

I'm a huge folk fan, especially old Joni Mitchell. I came upon this album originally recorded in 1970 be Peter Sarstedt, but only found and released recently. I had never heard of his most well-known hit "Where do you go to my lovely", but like the simplicity and straight-forwardness of these tunes. Brings me back to my 70's childhood, but still feels like something that could be recorded today.

Check out samples here.


Al Green-Lay it Down

Al Green's new album released this month has the same sound as his classics. It could have easily been recorded 20 years ago. I love the track he does with Corinne Bailey Rae, "Take your Time". The track with John Legend, "Stay with me (By the Sea)" is also really good. Another good album for summertime chillin'.

Check out samples here.

No comments: