Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Just Like Old Times

Diner Mugs

I own a few of these cream colored old-fashioned diner mugs. They are heavy and substantial and feel good in your hand. I got mine at Sur La Table years ago, but they are also available online at Retroplanet.com and I'm sure other places as well. I wish I could find plates and bowls in the same style.

Hotel Silver

I've been wanting a set of vintage hotel silver flatware in mismatched patterns for a long time. Napa Style has this cool idea of silverware by the pound.($68 for 4 settings). These authentic vintage utensils date back to the ’ 20s and ’30s and are all silver-plated. Just picked up a set for our country house.

Mix it up

I just got a set of these recycled plastic confetti mixing bowls ($28). Brings me back to my 70's childhood. Stylish and eco-friendly. Available from Urbanoutfitters.com.

No comments: