Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Country House Aesthetic

Country Kitchen
I like some of the elements of this English Country kitchen from Domino Magazine (May 2008).

The stone floors in cream and gold checkerboard is a great idea. Love the subway tiles on the walls and the open shelving.

Not shown in this picture, but part of the kitchen was a 50's styled refrigerator from smegusa.com. I wish these fridges were a little bigger, but they come in every color imaginable.
Elmira Stove Works also makes retro styled refrigerators in a variety of colors. These come in a few different models from more compact to a larger one for $2995!


Country Bath
I saw this yellow bathroom in Martha Stewart Living years ago and they just reran the photo in the May 2008 issue. I really love the old mirror on the wall painted white and the contrast of the bright yellow with white accents.

This reminds me a lot of our country house bathroom, but I'm afraid to paint cedar wood walls. If I do paint them I may copy this idea.
Weather Report

I love these old fashioned thermometers ($20-$24) from Basic French. They come in a variety of great colors. For indoor or outdoor use.

1 comment:

Darren Demers said...

I saw this yellow bathroom in Martha Stewart Living years ago and they just reran the photo in the May 2008 issue. I really love the old mirror on the wall painted white and the contrast of the bright yellow with white accents. white velvet bed sheets , plastic bed covers ,