Friday, September 26, 2008

Bigfoot: I Not Dead

I just picked up this book from Toronto author, Graham Roumieu. Wow, where have I been? I've always wanted a picture book written for grown ups and it looks like Graham's got quite a few of these under his belt already.

Very quirky, demented and laugh-out-loud funny. Love when Bigfoot is explaining where he's been and says, "Like OJ, just want run down highway for little while and clear name later". Or, describing his old neighborhood he says, "squirrels now bury rock of crack instead of nuts. Homeless bees everywhere"...

The images and hand-drawn text add another layer of humor to the story. I don't want to give everything away so run out and pick up your own copy at Amazon.com or other bookstores. Just don't leave it around the house for your kids to read or you may be answering some questions you aren't ready for!

No comments: