Thursday, September 4, 2008

Back to Basics

The Pencil Skirt

This stretchy double knit skirt from Vince ($185) is amazing. Seaming in the front and back is flattering. Since the skirt has stretch it fits like a glove and is great on curvy figures. Definitely my number one go to piece for fall. Available at nordstrom.com.



The White Shirt

This wrap version of the classic white shirt is much more figure flattering. Stretch cotton makes it easy to move and enables a closer fit. I picked up a similar wrap blouse from Jones NY. This one from Pauw with French cuffs and an attached tie waist is available at Saks.

Platform Pump

The best thing about these Marc Fisher peep-toe pumps ($89) is the rubber soles. Although they have a 4" heel they are quite comfortable. The rubber strap also help to keep your foot firmly in place. I was able to wear them for an 8 hour day where I was on my feet quite a bit without any problem. Available from Macy's.

No comments: