Sunday, December 21, 2008

Top Bay Area Stores for that Last Minute Gift

Only a few days left 'till Christmas. Are you ready? If not, here are my favorite stores in the San Francisco Bay Area for that special little thing that you didn't even know you were looking for!

Swallowtail

This is one of my favorite stores of all times. You never know what you will find here, with all kinds of interesting home furnishings and accessories--mostly vintage. They also carry jewelry, ornaments and small gifts items. If anyone out there is looking for a gift for me, feel free to pick up something from this store!!

I just realized that Swallowtail has an online store front as well. Browsing through the online collection I came across a hammerhead shark which is exactly like the hammerhead shark on the wall of my country house. Only $2800, glad I've got one already! Visit them at: 2217 Polk Street(between Bonita St & Vallejo St) San Francisco, CA 94109(415) 567-1555

Park Life

This store in the Richmond district is chock-full of modern gift items, books, and t-shirts (I picked up a great owl t-shirt and a really cool old-fashioned bike horn). You can check out the Park Life online store and website here. Or, visit them in person at: 220 Clement St San Francisco, CA 94118 (415) 386-7275

Summer House
Summer House is a great boutique in Mill Valley--definitely worth the trip to Marin. I literally love EVERYTHING in this store. They've got great jewelry, candles, soaps, bedding, tableware, accessories. If you can't find a gift for someone in this store than I think you are beyond help. I wish they had an online store, but you have to visit them in person at: 21 Throckmorton Ave Mill Valley, CA 94941 (415) 383-6695

Maison d'Etre
I haven't been in this Rockridge boutique for awhile. I visited my cousin who lives nearby a couple weeks ago and rediscovered what a great store it is. Chock full of housewares and personal accessories there is something for everyone here. Check out their website or in person at:
5640 College Avenue Oakland, CA 94618

Tail of the Yak
This Berkeley boutique carries a great selection of ribbons, stationery and other paper goods. They also have a selection of vintage jewelry and lots of little toys and stocking stuffer type items.
2632 Ashby Ave Berkeley, California 94705 510 841 9891


Kiss My Ring
The main attraction of Kiss My Ring is Melissa Rallis's beautiful line of silver and gold jewelry. However, she also carries an assortment of other accessories and gifty type items--t-shirts, scarfs, wallets, etc.
You can shop the Kiss My Ring jewelry collection on the website, or visit in-person at: 2522 San Pablo Avenue Berkeley CA 94702

Molte Cose

This Nob Hill boutique carries an eclectic mix of new and vintage items. They've got a great men's department and a lovely selection of women's lingerie. Interesting knick-knacks and home decor items as well. 2036 Polk St San Francisco, CA 94109 (415) 474-3494

Did I miss a store that you think should be on this list? Leave me a comment! Vote for your favorite on this list at the right.

No comments: