Sunday, December 14, 2008

Decked Out to Deck the Halls

The holidays are a great excuse to splurge on some glitz and glamour. Here's what I hope to be wearing as I deck the halls and ring in the New Year. I just need to find that secret stash of cash!


Sexy 70's

I am obsessing about this vintage faux wrap dress from Posh Vintage ($365). Deep purple flower print and a loose but sexy bohemian style. I would love to wear this to a holiday party with a pair of silver heels and a pashmina shawl.

I'm also digging this super tight and stretchy silver sweater ($115) from Posh Vintage that would be great for the holidays with a pair of black pencil jeans.
Unfortunately it's says it's a size 4 and I'm not sure it will stretch quite enough, but for you tiny ladies out there...
Sequins
This gold and silver sequined cami ($145) from J.Crew has a delicate raw-edged silk chiffon edging around the collar and sleeve. It's available in two colors, but I definitely like this putty color the best (pictured). What's great about this sweater is that you can dress it down after the holidays and wear it under a jacket or with a pair of jeans for an unexpected flash of glitz.


Tuxedo Pants

I love the exaggerated proportions of these wool tuxedo pants from m/m. Originally $448 they are currently 30% off at Oak. What a bargain! The pants have a sash closure with metal d-rings in the back which allows for adjustable waist size. 2 1/2 inch cuff and wide silk tux stripe.
Kimono Shoes
I love vintage kimonos. In fact, I just picked one up at an antique shop in North Beach last weekend. Here's a great way to wear a kimono anytime with Hetty Rose handmade shoes (£290.00-£320.00). These shoes are made with gorgeous kimono fabrics in a variety of great styles that would instantly dress up the most simple outfit, but I would even wear them with jeans and a white t-shirt. I particularly like her latest collection 'kimono 2'. You can have a pair custom made directly from Hetty Rose. Or, you can find her shoes at The Natural Store.
Corset Belt

I've blogged about this leather corset belt ($250) from Etsy before and I'm still pining after it. Talking about kimonos reminded me that this belt would be ideal to pair with a vintage kimono, some super skinny jeans and some 4" heels. These belts are custom made to your exact size, so you do have to wait 6 weeks to get one. Probably too late for this year's holiday parties--but maybe get a jump on next year?

No comments: