Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Toast the New Year

If I have more than one glass of wine I find that I don't sleep well so I tend to partake sparingly these days. However, I love the taste of wine and champagne and it's nice to have a special beverage to go with a nice holiday meal.


Yesterday I tried a sample of White Jasmine sparkling tea and I think I may never miss champagne again! This isn't your average tea--for one thing it's sparkling. And for all those skeptics out there (you know who you are) I cannot urge you enough to try this. Seriously.

I've offerred other non-alcoholic beverages during the holidays like sparkling cider, etc, but they are really sweet and certainly no replacement for real wine or champagne. White Jasmine sparkling tea is completely different. It's pretty dry, with only a hint of sweetness. I would pair this with appetizers (I'm thinking seared scallops & arugula salad?) or a cheese plate.

You can find White Jasmine sparkling tea at Whole Foods Market. $12.99 for the large bottle. Hopefully the online store will be up on the Golden Star Tea company website soon. I think I'm going to order a case!

Golden Star Tea Company
111 Industrial Rd. #6
Belmont, CA 94002

No comments: