Thursday, July 17, 2008

Lake House Style

In the August 2008 issue of Domino Magazine there is a feature story about Thom Filicia's lakehouse (Thom was one of the designers on the show Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). His style is definitely what I'm trying to capture in my own lakehouse, although I've got a ways to go!

In his guesthouse he has the owl lamp I've been wanting on a bedside table! Love the color he painted the beds too--a yellowish green.

Love the sense of fun of the paper mache deer over the stone fireplace.




Also love the 70's fireplace on his deck and the tree stump tables (which I've highlighted in another posting).






Get This Look

There are so many great furniture stores in Montreal, but I happened upon one yesterday that is worth noting here and definitely a good source for recreating a lot of the look above. Retro furniture mixed with new pieces, log coffee tables, wooden deer heads, wire-frame chairs, cow hide. I loved everything in there! They have a location in Toronto as well although I can't vouch for that store:

Phil'Z Loft Division
5298 St Laurent Blvd
Montreal, QC
514-278-2323
792, Queen St E
Toronto, ON
416-461-9913

No comments: