Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Just Beautiful Things...

I subscribe to the newsletter DailyCandy and today I got an article on a home decor shop in Wisconsin called Rian Rae. I love the owner's asthetic of mixing old and new, modern and rustic. I'm especially into the nature-inspired accessories (probably because I've been spending so much time at our cottage). Here's a few of the items I found on the site that are now on my wish list.

Squirrel Lamp

This white porcelain squirrel lamp ($130) is a close second to the owl lamp that I've been eyeing for some time. It would make a great night light in a hallway or in a bedroom.

Carved Stag Head

This wooden stag head ($324) would look perfect over the stone fireplace at our cottage. Made of of wood with a whitewashed finish.





Jute Doorstop


I love the simple, nautical look of this jute boat bumper used as a door stop ($42). I would love to find larger versions to use as ottomans as well.

Moroccan Mirror
There's no way I could afford this mother-of-pearl mirror ($1980), but it is truly amazing. I am a huge fan of moroccan-style decor , but what I love is that this mirror could fit with any style--modern, rustic, etc. Made of bone and shell, each piece is hand-shaped and inlaid.

No comments: