Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Femme Fatale

I usually don't go for anything too overtly feminine, but every now and then a touch of the "girly" is a good thing. Here's a few finds I'm conveting right now that definitely veer more to the feminine side of things:

Jonquil Sky Dress
What I love about this kimono dress ($198) by Anna Sui for Anthropologie is that could be dressed up with heels for a holiday event, or dressed down with tights and boots for everyday wear. What's even better is that this color palette of bright orange and blue on creamy silk leds itself to Fall and will transition equally well to Spring. Feminine and slightly retro. This just may be my holiday dress this season.


Opera Length Pearls

I've wanted a strand of opera length pearls since the mid-eighties. That was when the movie "St. Elmo's Fire" came out and I think in one scene that's all that Ally Sheedy's character wears.

J. Crew has come out with a long strand of real freshwater pearls ($495). These are 7.5-8mm pearls on a 54" strand. They are still a little pricey so I probably won't buy these for myself, but if anyone out there wants to make me REALLY HAPPY...:-)

Silver Shoes

These silver Mary Janes with silk ribbon ties ($128) are much sweeter than shoes I would normally wear. However, I'm a sucker for all things sliver and love the shape of the slightly upturned toe. Available from Anthropologie.

No comments: