Saturday, November 22, 2008

All I Want for Christmas...

Here is what is on my personal Christmas list this year although Santa is a bit broke right now. At this point I'm hoping for a Christmas miracle to fix this latest economic crisis. If that happens, then maybe I will treat myself with one of these wish list items:

Nespresso
I've had these Nespresso machines in a couple hotel rooms I've stayed in lately and my office has a larger version as well. The coffee comes in little capsules that you insert in the machine, but it's amazing what great flavor the coffee has. Complete with a little layer of foam and everything!

Machines start at $199 for the most basic model and go up from there if you want ability to steam milk, etc. The only downside is that the capsules are only available online and they are about 50 cents each for a single serving of coffee. Still, it's cheaper than coffee from a local coffee house.

Available online from nespresso.com or you can search for a retailer near you on the site.

Wrap

I own a few shawls already including a great alpaca wrap from South America that my mom gave me. However, you can never have too many of these in my opinion. They come in handy on plane trips, chilly summer evenings, for the office when the air condioning comes on, etc.

Here's one I've been eyeing from Badgley Mischka. This metallic wool paisley wrap ($160) comes in aqua, grey and brown. Available from bloomingdales.com. It would definitely dress up even the most plain outfit.

Camera

I've been having fun with my Holga, but would love to try out the Seagull Twin Lens Reflex Camera ($295) medium-format camera which is offers a little bit more control over aperture and shutter setting than the Holga.

This camera is still a reasonable way to enter the medium-format realm without breaking the bank. Available from Sundance.

Jewelry

I love all kinds jewelry even though I tend to stick to a few basic pieces that I wear all the time (even in the shower). Jewelry is also something I tend not to buy for myself even though I'm constantly looking at it!

I blogged about these stackable sea urchin rings from Lauren Wolf months ago ($44 each) and never bought them. I just may make an exception and buy them for myself, but saving up until I can buy 4 or 5 of them to stack!


Psychic Reading

My mom has bought me a psychic reading from the Psychic Horizons Healing and Meditation center in the Mission for my last two birthdays. Despite whatever skepticism you may have about psychic abilities I highly recommend this experience as a tool for greater understanding about yourself. This is not about predicting the future (in fact they do not do that since we are all free to create the future), it's more about understanding the present.

I recommend the staff readings ($150 and up) although less expensive student readings are also available. You can also do readings by phone. I'm thinking it may be time to treat myself to one. Here's an article about the school from sfgate.com.


Watch

I love large men's styled watches and I especially like the watches from this Italian-based watch company--IKE. This clear plastic version is allegedly as rugged as steel ($295). I also like the all black rubber style. Available from vivre.com.

No comments: