Thursday, October 16, 2008

I'm a Little Tea Pot

Winter is coming and it's a good time to curl up with a cup of tea and a good book. I have had one of those $9.99 teapots from the drugstore store for years, but it's starting to leak, so I thought I would look for something a little bit nicer. Here's a few of my favorites.

Le Creuset

I just bought one of these whistling tea kettles from Le Creuset ($64.99). This tea kettle comes in so many great colors it was hard to choose. I finally settled on "Flame", although "Kiwi" was very tempting as well. Love the shape and durable construction. Available from cooking.com (among other places).


Chantal Tea Ball

I love the shape of this Chantal Tea Ball kettle ($50) which looks like an English tea pot. Available in polished silver or yellow, blue, red or green enamel. Available from TeaMerchants.com.

Staub Tea Pot

This enamaled cast iron design from Staub emulates the look of a Japanese tea pot ($120). This teapot includes a removable infusion ball and stainless steel handle that hold the lid in place. Available in matte black, basil (pictured) and grenadine. Staub enameled cast iron cookware is favored by professional chefs. A sand mold is made for each piece, and the manufacturing process takes an entire day just to create one piece. Available from Sur La Table.

No comments: