Monday, January 18, 2010

Wall Art for Less

I don't normally to decorate my walls with stuff you can buy at a chain store, but have to say that CB2's limited edition prints and "one of a finds" are pretty cool and very reasonably priced.

Cypress Row Print
I'm loving Photographer Brian Everett's cypress row print ($249) which was shot with a Holga camera in b/w and then colored.

This is large-size print on canvas at 48" square. For the size the price is extremely reasonable. I think I've spent almost as much trying to blow up one of my own photos to not even half this size.

Madhubani Painting

This "one of a find" hand-painted Madhubani painting ($149) was originally $199, but has now been marked down so I doubt it will last much longer. Each painting is hand-painted by Indian artist Lalita Devi who is paralyzed, but paints with help of family and friends. The art form of Madhubani paintings is passed down from mother to daughter in a remote region of northern India and now helps support the village.

Urban Outfitters sometimes has some interesting finds too. Right now I'm liking this giant cardboard stag head ($52) which could look very modern and simple in the right space. The deer measures 12"w, 9"d, 16"h.

No comments: