Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sinners and Saints

On my recent trip down to L.A. I was excited to discover the UK clothing store Allsaints which has an outpost on Robertson Blvd with lines for men, women and children. The esthetic is very post-apocolyptic--muted tones of grey, plum and black which I am loving right now. Graphic t-shirts like the one at left mix with suiting.

Combat boots, leather bags, flannel shirts and vests all figure prominently with a vibe that's part vintage, part modern, part hippy, part rockstar. I love the flannel shirts with cutoff sleeves ($120).

The military boots ($250) already have that vintage patina. and are available in chocolate brown or black.

There are more refined pieces too. Tailored jackets, skirts and pants all have a slight edge like the Cameo jacket ($305) with ruffled neckline and nipped in waist with subtle pleating.
Dresses range from the complex draped and asymetrical looks, to the more simple silhouettes. I love the Vallerma dress ($320) which a corseted bodice and a flattering twisted silhouette in black cotton fabric.

In fact there are so many pieces I love that I can't even begin to list them all here and I haven't even talked about the men's line! Check out the online store for yourself at: www.us.allsaints.com.

No comments: