Saturday, September 12, 2009

Southwestern Jewelry

Turquoise is my birthstone and I love big chunky jewelry so I was ecstatic to find this website with a treasure trove of vintage and new southwestern jewelry. Here's a few of my favorite pieces from the site or visit http://www.southwesternjewelry.net/ to see the full inventory of great pieces.

I love this contempory Navajo bracelet with a deep green Armenian turquoise stone ($850). An unusual color for turquoise with flecks of copper running through it. I like the dramatic simplicity of the silver setting.

This vintage Navajo concho was reshaped and set on a piece of saddle leather ($550) making it a blend of old and new. Has a buckle fastener so it can be adjusted to fit different size wrists.


This vintage coral and turquoise ring ($225) has a very modern and unusual setting. Looks like it could have been crafted by a contempory artist. Navajo made in size 7 1/2.

No comments: